South West Airlines offers a number of benefits for its employees. These benefits range from Southwest’s legendary work culture to the employee travel privileges. There is a benefits package for the employees and their dependents including health benefits, 401(k)Plan, Profit sharing plan, etc.
- Dental Coverage: This covers all dental care from basic to orthodontic care.
- Vision Coverage: This is an available option for the employees and their families. This covers all vision facilities.
- Medical Coverage: Employees have a choice in medical coverage options and they can choose from PPOs to a high deductible plan.
- Health Saving Account: This plan is optional, though these employees can save for their healthcare expenses.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Through this employees can save money. All they have to do is make a tax-free contribution to a flexible account.
- Long Term Disability: Employees can enroll in this plan, this will help them in case they develop a disability.
- Short Term Disability: This is for non-contract employees in case the illness lasts for over a week.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance: This program is available for employees to protect their families.
- Basic Life Insurance: All the employees get basic life insurance but through this plan, they can increase it up to 10 times their salaries for their spouse or children.
- Other Available Benefits: This includes adoption assistance reimbursement, child and elder care, referral program, and assistance reimbursement.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: With this plan, Southwest stocks are available at a 10% discount for its employees.
- 401(k) Plan: This will help employees save up for their retirement with pre-tax or after-tax contributions. There is a wide range of options available for South West Airlines employees.
- Profit-Sharing: Southwest employees get rewards from the number of contributions they have made for the company’s profit.
- Time off: all the employees get holidays for vacations so that they can spend some quality time with their families.
- Clear Skies-Employee Assistance Program: Free Counselling resources and work-life balance tools are available to its employees and their family for free.
- Wellness Rewards: By taking off their health and wellness, both employee and spouse can earn around $500. This program helps its employees living better on and off work.
- National Giving: Company makes important decisions about how to contribute to the major issues at the national level. They make significant donations to organizations and people.
- Local Giving: Local employees make a decision about how to contribute to charities around their local area.
- Volunteering: Southwest encourages its employees to work for the causes that are important to them. The employees are supported by giving money to donate to non-profit organizations.
Training And Development
- Tuition Reimbursement: The employees are encouraged to work on their skills and continue their education. Full-time employees get a $5,000 reimbursement while graduates are eligible for $2,500 reimbursement annually.
- Movement Around The Company: Employees are encouraged to move around the company to increase their skills. Leadership Development: This program is for all the employees for increasing the leadership qualities.
- Days In The Field: The employees are allowed to spend some time in the department they would like to pursue so that they get a clear idea.
- Southwest Airlines University: Southwest Airlines University has many technical training programs and other professional development courses.
Employee Engagement and Travel
- Travel Privileges: All the Southwest employees have travel privileges along with their spouse and children. The employees get discounts on air tickets, hotels, theme parks, and rental car companies.
- SwaLife Connections: Southwest employees are allowed to create their profile and leave comments and learn about what is going on in their department. This is a tool for them to build new connections.
If you are a South West Airlines Employee you might wanna check out Swalife Login Guide