SWA stands for South West Airways, the world’s cheapest flight of the United States of America. Its headquarters are in Dallas, Texas, the United States, and the chairman and CEO of SWA are Gary C Kelly. SWA was founded in the year 1967 on March 15 by Herb Kelleher and was named Air Southwest. The name was changed to Southwest Airways when its interstate services within Texas on June 18, 1971.
SWA has 55,000 employees, and the company is in charge of 4,000 departures per day in peak season. SWA has over 100 designations within the United States along with that it serves 10 International designations. SWA started services to Turks and Caicos in November 2017. SWA also started its services in Hawaii in the year 2018.
SWA made a record of the most number of domestic passengers in the year 2016. The airlines provide their customers with top-notch services besides its low prices as compared to other airline services. SWA also gives its employees many facilities along with all the services they provide to the customer. SWA has an online portal, SWAlife, for all its employees to access their benefit plans.
|Revenue||USD 21.965 billion|
|Net Income||USD 26.24 billion|
SWA has now scheduled 103 destinations distributes in 40 states and Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean. SWA prefers the point-to-point system and has a rolling hub model located in its base cities. SWA is now planning to extend its services to Montrose Regional Airport by December 2020 and Palm Springs International Airport by November 2020. SWA used to operate Boeing 727-200s from 1979 to 1987 and after that has been using Boeing 737, jetliner models. SWA is the largest airline that operates Boeing 737 all over the world.
The company(Southwest Airlines) extended time off programs and initiated a voluntary separation program. As a result, as per the records given by SWA, on 23 July 2020, 16,900 employees took early retirement or took a long leave from the company. Out of all these people, 24% constituted pilots while 33% were flight attendants.
- Dallas Love Field
- Phoenix- Sky Harbour
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles
- Houston Hobby
Online Portal of Swalife
You can use Swalife using any electronic device like a Mobile, Tablet, or Laptop with an internet connection or Wi-Fi. In addition, Swalife provides several opportunities for its employees like an easy job schedule, retirement plan, holiday, travel, insurance, health account, and many other facilities.
How To Use Swalife Portal?
Follow these steps to use the online portal of Swalife.
- On your mobile, tablet, or laptop, open the web browser after enabling the internet connection.
- On your web browser, search for the login page of Swalife by searching.
- You will be able to see the log-in page of SwaLife, and it will be asking for information about your SWA ID and Password.
- You can get your SWA ID and Password from the HR department of Swalife.
- You have the freedom to change your password after logging in. you can change your password, and it will be that every time you want to log in.
- If you forget the password, click on ‘Forget Password?’, and it will redirect you to the page from where you can restore your password.
- Enter your login credentials as directed by the Swalife Portal.
- The retired employees of Swalife can also access the online portal after selecting the ‘Retiree’ option.
How to check & apply for a job position at SWA?
Follow the steps mentioned below.
- If you want to apply for a job in Swalife, first go to the website and click on the ‘Appy Now’ option.
- Go to the official website.
- On this link, you will find the kind of job Swalife is looking for, along with location and position type.
- Look for the eligibility criteria and gather all the information about the job from the job description.
- After doing this, you can click on the apply option present at the bottom of the page.
- Submit your resume on the portal.
South-west Airlines Career
Swalife is a big firm that offers many advantages and gives its employees many facilities and a chance to grow professionally and personally. The company offers a range of benefit plans that are mentioned in the below segment. In addition, for the growth of employees as leaders Swalife has an ‘Emerging Leadership Development program for its employees. Along with this program, Swalife also has a ‘Day In The Field’ program in which they allow the employees to work in any department of interest to explore which field suits them the best.
Swalife also allows its employees to continue their education and gain knowledge and skill through their skill development training. For a graduate degree, a full-time employee gets reimbursement of $5000, and for an undergraduate degree, the reimbursement is $2500.
Southwest Airlines also offers internship programs for students who wish to learn and are interested in gaining experience. The company also has an Equal Opportunity Employer under which they hire women, minorities, qualified disabled, and veterans. To apply for a job at SWA requires no fees that are it is free of cost.
The company also appreciated its employees through the Southwest Airlines Gratitude portal. In addition, employees appreciate each other through thank you notes on Kick Trail. All the officials, no matter what post they are, receive appreciation.
Employee Culture SWA
Southwest Airlines has created a very healthy culture and work environment for its employees. The company portal has a ‘Star of the Month’ section in which the best employee of the month is mentioned along with their background, passion, and accomplishments.
When you go on the culture section of the SWA website, you will see the vision, mission, values, and culture of the company. The company also has a YouTube channel where they upload videos of their employees.
Benefit Plans of Swalife
Swalife offers a wide range of benefits. Here is the list of all the plans that Swalife offers.
- Medical Benefit plan:- some amount from employees’ salary is deducted every year to provide the medical coverage plan. The insurance is for the employee and their family members. It covers both treatment and prescription benefits.
- Dental Coverage:- Through this plan, the employee can get dental benefits like full dental coverage minor, major, precautionary, and others.
- Life Insurance:- With the help of this plan, the employees will receive life insurance for themselves and their families.
- Health Saving Account:- All the SWA employees get the advantage of enrolling in the SWA health saving account, which will help you bear healthcare expenses.
- Other Benefits: SWA offers many advantages for the child and older adults, gives them resources and offers a wide range of programs.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Employees and their family members have access to free counseling to help them balance their work and day-to-day life.
- A retirement plan helps employees save for their retirement through the 401(k) plan, a pre-tax contribution. The employee can check from the broad range of investment schemes and select the most applicable and feasible plan for them.
- Profit-Sharing – South Western Airlines are the first airlines to offer a profit-sharing plan for its employee. SWA considers the work hard work of its employees, and as a contribution from a company, each employee receives some percentage of profit depending on their pay scale. The percentage of profit varies from 1% to 16%.
- Stock Purchase Plan for Employees – After serving south-west airlines for more than six months, the company allows the employee to purchase South Common Stock at a 10% discount.
- Commuter Benefits – Plan includes the pre-tax money saving for transportation charges like regional rail, bus, streetcar, subway, ferry, trolley, and vanpool.
- Holidays – Every employee gets 10 holidays per year, out of which the employee could decide.
- Travel Privileges – Employee of SWA receives free unlimited travel tickets for Southwest Airlines. Employee’s parents, spouses, and children under 19 years are eligible for this plan. An employee also gets a pass agreement for other airlines and discounts on hotels, rental car companies, and theme parks.
- Basic Life Insurance – All the employees of SWA are eligible for this benefit. An employee can get an insurance coverage amount equal to their salary. An employee can opt for the insurance plan, which is almost 10 times their salary, and have an option to choose from, list of the life insurance plan for their family members.
- Other available benefits include child and elder care, Adoption Assistance, paid adoption leave, pet insurance, car & home insurance, and supplemental hospital insurance.
That is it for now. We hope the information in this article was useful to you. Do let us know what segment of this article was helpful to you by writing in the comments section below. Your feedback and comments are the driving force for us. So please let us know. Thank you for your time.